Thursday, February 7, 2008

What I Do

A lot of you are wondering what exactly that I do for work. You may know that I worked for the cheese plant where I became the master cheese maker. I made artisianal goat cheese and I ran a tight plant I will tell you. I then changed jobs where I was the accounting manager for a ski company.

Well, I now work for a good friend. He has a lot of really cool contacts in the Jewelry business and we sell watches and rings. We don't sale just any watch or ring, but the latest in metal development. If any of you are wearing a gold or stearling silver ring or watch you probably notice that it is scratched or you need to take it to get replated. Well, we sale tungsten carbide watches and Black Diamond Ceramic watches and rings. If you have heard anything about tungsten carbide you know that it is one of the hardest materials out there second only to diamonds. This means that the metal is virtualy scratch proof. I just received a watch to repair that was purchased in 2005. A pin had come out and it needed to be replaced. Well the clasp of the watch was a sterling silver and the links were tungsten carbide. It was amazing to see the difference between the two. The links looked brand new, but you could tell that the watch was well worn and loved by the little scratches in the clasp. Here is one of my favorite tungsten carbide watches that we sale. You may notice that yes we don't use glass or plastic for the face of our watch. Yes this is a saphire crystal and it is almost as hard as the tungsten. This model is sporting what we call a tri cut crystal. Very nice huh?

If tungsten carbide has one flaw it is that the metal is a little heavy. That is where our Black Diamond Ceramic comes into play. Black Diamond Ceramic is just as hard as tungsten carbide, but it is half the weight. So what that means to me and you is that if you like a lighter feel on the wrist then this is the watch for you. This stuff is amazing! Hey with Valentines, graduation, summer weddings... around the corner now is the perfect time to buy. Give the one that you love a piece of jewelry that they will keep and love forever. Here is the watch that I am currently wearing. I absolutly love it!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Sam- those are some pretty good looking pictures (and the quality of the watches doesn't hurt ;) I for one am glad you put your information out there!

And- you have been keeping up our blog. Thank you!