Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Performers Studio

Jamie has been involved in a 9 month singing class with the Performers Studio and last weekend was her final performance. Each of the students sang one solo and then back up for the other singers. She brought down the house as she was the only singer that did not sing to a karaoke track. You can see by the different pictures that she did not wear the same outfit twice. That is my little diva :)

She opened up the first half singing backup to "Alone" by Heart.




Her second song she sang backup to "To Make You Feel My Love" by Garth Brooks



Jamie and I (I played the guitar for her) opened up the second half with her solo to "The Story" by Brandi Carlile. Up until this point I was the camera man, but I had to give my duties to my mom who drove all the way up from Cedar City with my Uncle Rich.



This was taken during my whistling solo... Did I mention that I also whistled while I played the guitar?



Her last song she sang backup to "Juke Box Hero." She spent a lot of time learning the air guitar for this part. I think it paid off, she is quite the rocker!

6 comments:

Riki Lee said...

Way to go, Jamie! Your hair is so pretty straightened - I don't think I've ever seen it that way before.

Casie said...

James, you look absolutely gorgeous in these pictures! I think it's so cool that you've been singing still. Good for you!

Nick and Marianne said...

WOW! Way to go Jamie! That is so awesome! You look so good on stage!

Marisa Jean said...

I had no idea Jamie was so talented--or you, Sam, for that matter. Whistling and playing the guitar? Wow. What a great couple you make! And I agree, I totally have hair envy after seeing pictures of Jamie.

Jamie said...

Thank you!! You are all too kind :) I sure have had fun with the class- they are all amazing singers. As for the hair- I am now "investing" in a good flat iron!!

Laurie Bingham said...

Wow, I would LOVE to come to one of your concerts! That looks so fun. I also love your hair straight-it looks so pretty!

So, I want to hear more about Kelli!