Friday, March 7, 2008

What Happened


As people casually come into my office and look at my computer and see this picture on my desk they often ask "What happened?" (no they are not saying that about the tornado that tore apart the top of my desk, but to the picture...)So, due to public demand I thought that I would blog about it. Last month Donny and I saw this happen. If you look to the far right of the pic you will see that a driver hit a telephone pole and split it like a toothpick then continued where she hit a huge rock and it flipped her on her side as she drug the rock to a stop. We raced across the street and were able to push the car back onto it's wheels so she could get out and away from the car. Fluids were running toward the downed power lines and pieces of the car were every where (for example the car battery was sitting by the road) it was a little scary, but again we got her out and everyone was ok. As they say in the psychological world, "I'm ok, your ok." Well, an ambulance was called along with the police and they showed up in under 2 minutes. I think they took her to the hospital just in case, but she was fine (just a little embarrassed and scared.)Crazy huh?

2 comments:

Dave and Hejdi Swan said...

Jamie!! How are you?? Casie found me, and then that connected me to whole new world of Delta people :) Looks like you are lovin life!!!

Leenz said...

Crazy old lady driver!